17.2.09

room for prayer

I came across mention of hitbodedut (or something very similar) in the same day this past Shabbat, in both the Tanya (I:26) and Rebbe Nachman's Likkutei Moharan. (II:25)

For me, the biggest obstacle is getting out to a wild and untravelled place, something Rebbe Nachman usually emphasizes. In this Torah he mentions that hitbodedut can also be done in a secluded room -- something more achievable and realistic in my case.

The other thing Rebbe Nachman mentions in the same Torah: turning one's learning into a prayer is also a very lofty occupation. [For the best illustration, see Likkutei Tefillot which Rav Natan wrote for each of the Torahs in Likkutei Moharan.] To me, since it is mentioned alongside hitbodedut, I'd like to think he meant it as tantamount. This is comforting as well, because it can also be put into practice anywhere.

Comments


Related posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin